This is a digital PDF download of Cake Central Magazine Volume 4 Issue 5 / April 2013
ON THE COVER
Bollywood Bright & Bold Cakes Take
- Center Stage Royal Cakes The Perfect Marriage Of Glamour & Luxury
- Whip It The Science Behind Baking With Air
- Almond Allure Distinctive Dessert Recipes
- Saying ”I Do” To Bridal Expos
- Cover Cake by Susan Trianos
IN THIS ISSUE
- Your Slice The Fruits of Our Labor
What is your favorite fruit-filled cake recipe?
- Spotlight Turning Passion into Profession
After a long cake journey filled with obstacles, Wisconsin native Erin Salerno is building her own business, finding success one cake a time. By Erin Salerno
- Sketch-to-Cake Roses Are Red...
An Alice in Wonderland-themed cake gives a whimsical touch to wedding decor. By Sam Lynch
- Diary of a Decorator In Pursuit of Petit Fours Perfection
A lesson in poured fondant and getting in touch with your inner frilly girl. By Katrina Knill
- Feature Royally Delicious
Rolan and Roxanne Toumanian, king and queen of Royal Cakes and Design, jumped into the cake business headfirst. Their homegrown success has ballooned, shooting them to popularity in the Los Angeles area and beyond.
- Dear Cake Genius Hints for making homemade fondant and revising recipes. By Jennifer Bratko
- Tutorial Bollywood in Buttercream
These step-by-step templates from henna expert Darcy Vasudev, you can create your own Bollywood-inspired cake.
- Science of Baking Whip It
You whip eggs and cream butter all the time, but do you know what’s really going on in that bowl? Here’s the science behind beating and an experiment about its effects on butter cake. by Summer Stone
- Web Browsing Bake or Break
With luscious and inventive desserts, this website should go straight to your bookmarks.
- Business of Baking Saying “I Do” to a Bridal Expo
10 Ways to Make the Most of Your Bridal Show Experience. By Julia Quay
- Ever Wonder The Rise of Fondant
Ever wonder about the story behind fondant?
- Inspiration Bites Fruitful Pairings
When you’re looking to bake with fruit, there are countless complementary flavors to try, from the conventional to the unusual.
- Recipes All About Almond
Three recipes featuring this classic flavor.
- From the Recipe Box
A Taste of Childhood
Grandma’s homemade palacinky. By Mia Polansky
Beautiful Bollywood Natural Hues
Henna comes in warm, natural shades that look stunning on skin and next to gold bangles.
When you’re seeking a rich, elegant look, nothing can compare to these traditional wedding colors.
Royally sophisticated, purple and gold provide a perfect balance of contrasting colors.
A Playful Palette
These popular colors, often seen on bold saris, make for playful wedding cakes.
- PDF is compatible MAC/Windows
- After your order has been placed you will receive your secure download link within 24 hours
- This PDF download is > 50MB and may take some time to complete depending on your internet speed
- PDF reader required to view the file, we reccomend the free Adobe Acrobat reader: http://get.adobe.com/reader/
- Single Issue and Bundle PDF orders placed here at the CC Shop will only have access to the PDF version of the magazine.
- If you would like to purchase single issues, or a bundles through the iPad Newsstand see more information on "How do I get Cake Central Magazine on my iPad?"