This is a digital PDF download of Cake Central Magazine Volume 4 Issue 4 / April 2013
ON THE COVER
OMBRE Beauty & Fashion inspire daring cake designs
- Whisked Away to Nebraska: Cakes Across America
Marina Bolisacova Decorating and making history in Saudi Arabia
Tasty Trends Push-up cake pops, currants & mochi
Kitchen Chaos a surprise visit from the in-laws
- Cover cake by: Mimi Hood
IN THIS ISSUE
- Your Slice: Tools of the Trade
What is the one cake decorating tool you could not live without?
Big Ambition Going from hobby baking to owning a bakery is a complicated step to take. By Christie Jackson
- Cakes Across America Nebraska
A big hello from the Cornhusker State!
- Diary of a Decorator
When the In-Laws Came to Town
An unexpected visit makes for one crazy weekend. By Katrina Knill
Making Waves in Saudi Arabia
Moldovan-born cake decorator Marina Bolisacova is bringing European cake-making techniques to Saudi Arabia and making strides for Saudi women and cake decorators.
- Dear Cake Genius
Time management tips and avoiding baking blemishes. By Jennifer Bratko
This sugar crystal tutorial puts a twist on the coveted ombre look. By Sophie Bifield
- Web Browsing
New to the blogging scene, but not to baking
- Business of Baking
Befriending the Competition
Finding support, camaraderie and, yes, friendship at the rival bakery. By Regina McRae
- Ever Wonder
Push-Up Cake Pops
Ever wonder what new trend is coming to the cake scene? By Kari Vandraiss
- Inspiration Bites
We can all use a little extra kick to get going in the morning every once in a while.
These sweet currant recipes are perfect for spring, whether it’s a crisp, sunny day or gray and rainy.
- International Desserts
More Mochi, Please!
Give your next treat a Japanese twist with this blueberry mochi cake.
Red and blue cakes are dramatic and feisty, confident and independent.
Pink and green cakes are calm but powerful, delicate but commanding.
Navy and pink is edgy yet withdrawn, vulnerable yet brave.
Yellow and green brings contemplative defiance, lofty grace and a bit of a wild spark.
- PDF is compatible MAC/Windows
- After your order has been placed you will receive your secure download link within 24 hours
- This PDF download is > 50MB and may take some time to complete depending on your internet speed
- PDF reader required to view the file, we reccomend the free Adobe Acrobat reader: http://get.adobe.com/reader/
- Single Issue and Bundle PDF orders placed here at the CC Shop will only have access to the PDF version of the magazine.
- If you would like to purchase single issues, or a bundles through the iPad Newsstand see more information on "How do I get Cake Central Magazine on my iPad?"