This is a digital PDF download of Cake Central Magazine Volume 4 Issue 4 / April 2013
ON THE COVER
- OMBRE Beauty & Fashion inspire daring cake designs
- Whisked Away to Nebraska: Cakes Across America
- Marina Bolisacova Decorating and making history in Saudi Arabia
- Tasty Trends Push-up cake pops, currants & mochi
- Kitchen Chaos a surprise visit from the in-laws
- Cover cake by: Mimi Hood
IN THIS ISSUE
- Your Slice: Tools of the Trade
What is the one cake decorating tool you could not live without?
Big Ambition Going from hobby baking to owning a bakery is a complicated step to take. By Christie Jackson
- Cakes Across America Nebraska
A big hello from the Cornhusker State!
- Diary of a Decorator
When the In-Laws Came to Town
An unexpected visit makes for one crazy weekend. By Katrina Knill
Making Waves in Saudi Arabia
Moldovan-born cake decorator Marina Bolisacova is bringing European cake-making techniques to Saudi Arabia and making strides for Saudi women and cake decorators.
- Dear Cake Genius
Time management tips and avoiding baking blemishes. By Jennifer Bratko
This sugar crystal tutorial puts a twist on the coveted ombre look. By Sophie Bifield
- Web Browsing
New to the blogging scene, but not to baking
- Business of Baking
Befriending the Competition
Finding support, camaraderie and, yes, friendship at the rival bakery. By Regina McRae
- Ever Wonder
Push-Up Cake Pops
Ever wonder what new trend is coming to the cake scene? By Kari Vandraiss
- Inspiration Bites
We can all use a little extra kick to get going in the morning every once in a while.
These sweet currant recipes are perfect for spring, whether it’s a crisp, sunny day or gray and rainy.
- International Desserts
More Mochi, Please!
Give your next treat a Japanese twist with this blueberry mochi cake.
- Swept Away
Red and blue cakes are dramatic and feisty, confident and independent.
- Ethereal Spark
Pink and green cakes are calm but powerful, delicate but commanding.
- Dark Streak
Navy and pink is edgy yet withdrawn, vulnerable yet brave.
- New Growth
Yellow and green brings contemplative defiance, lofty grace and a bit of a wild spark.
- PDF is compatible MAC/Windows
- After your order has been placed you will receive your secure download link within 24 hours
- This PDF download is > 50MB and may take some time to complete depending on your internet speed
- PDF reader required to view the file, we reccomend the free Adobe Acrobat reader: http://get.adobe.com/reader/
- Single Issue and Bundle PDF orders placed here at the CC Shop will only have access to the PDF version of the magazine.
- If you would like to purchase single issues, or a bundles through the iPad Newsstand see more information on "How do I get Cake Central Magazine on my iPad?"